Chantry Post – Lee Farm South Downs Loop
Distance – 5.6km – 3.5 miles Difficulty – Medium
Parking: Chantry Post Car Park, Storrington, RH20 4AB
This walk starts at the Chantry Post Car Park on the South Downs Way, just south of the village of Storrington. From here you head South, off the South Downs Way down to Lee Farm, before heading over to Kithurst Hill and back on a short stretch of the South Downs Way, returning to the car park.
This walk is reasonably flat given it is on the South Downs, the first half of the walk is a gentle decline, before slightly ascending to Kithurst but overall is not too challenging. Some areas can get muddy when wet, so walking shoes are recommended.
2. Follow this path South until you reach a gate straight ahead, which leads into a field with sheep in. Head through this field, still continuing on the same path.
3. At the end of this field, follow the path to the right leading up to Lee Farm. Just before the farm, there is a signpost pointing to the right, leading past a field of horses on the left hand side. Follow this path to the right.
4. Continue on this path, taking in the beautiful view of the South Downs to your right. Where this path reaches a T junction, take the path to the left, and then shortly afterwards, follow the sign taking you up a path to the right. Follow this path leading you upwards, with the row of trees on your left.
5. At the top of this path, follow the signpost, taking the path to the right, leading you through the centre of a field. Pass through the ‘archway’ into the next field, and then taking a right, following the path round the outskirts of the field until you reach a gate that takes you back onto the South Downs Way.
6. After passing through the gate, take a right and follow the South Downs Way straight until you reach the car park.
Join us on Instagram. Share and tag us at @discover_sussex