Bignor Hill Circular Loop
10.5km – 6.5 miles Difficulty – Medium
Parking: Whiteways, Bury Hill, Houghton, Arundel, BN18 9FD. What3words location – ///freezing.removers.calm
This walk starts by heading through beautiful woodland, before heading up towards Bignor Hill. Here there are views for miles and the walk then follows the South Downs Way before turning off and heading back down to the car park. There are no particularly steep sections, but there are a few gentle inclines and declines, and due to the ground being uneven in places, walking shoes are recommended. There are a few benches along the way, which make for perfect picnic spots.
1. This walk starts at the Whiteways car park, which is located just off the Whiteways Lodge Roundabout. Take the exit towards Pulborough and Bury, and it is the first turning on the left. This car park is free and there is no time limit, however the car park is locked at 5pm every night. Commence the walk by taking the path opposite the entrance to the car park, heading towards the woodland.
2. There are many different paths you can take through the woodland depending on how direct you want the walk to be. Whichever path you choose to take, head through the woodland until you reach the sign for Bignor Hill. Follow the path up to Bignor Hill which will bring you out at the car park.
3. The Bignor radio masts can be seen to the left of the car park. Take the path to the right, heading through the car park and follow the path as it starts to head up Bignor hill.
4. Continue up the hill, following the path straight on as it begins to descend on the other side.
5. The path starts to bend towards the right – enjoy the views over to the left here! Follow this path until you reach a signpost and the path continues to the right or left. Take the rather sharp path to the left which starts to descend.
6. Follow the path down which takes you towards a small farm on the left. Continue on the path which begins to ascend up the hill again until you reach the signpost shown below. Here, take the right-hand path, and continue down this narrower path, which will eventually bring you back out at the car park.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.
Join us on Instagram. Share and tag us at @discover_sussex